Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Spring Schola: Russian Exchange Ducklings March 2014

Later in March of 2014...

Back at home in An Dubhaigeainn... 

My Peer had me co-Autocrat something with him earlier... now it was my turn to take the reins.  I was still not comfortable doing it alone, so Lady Juliana le Chaluner decided to sign on and do it with me.

Spring Schola:  Russian Exchange Ducklings!

The Ducks of the Barony of An Dubhaigeainn have turned 22 and are soon to graduate college.  What are we going to do?!  We have mastered Swimming, Waddling, Quacking, & Rolling Water Off Our Backs, so it's time for some fun traveling.

We are excited to announce this year's annual Spring Schola and Feast inspired by the faraway lands of Russia!  Learn to cook the "local" cuisine, classes in fiber arts, silk painting, scribal arts, and perhaps even learn some nefarious uses for medieval herbs.  Get your hands dirty with woodworking and blacksmithing, or put on those gauntlets for some martial instruction in both heavy list and archery.  Exact class schedule TBA, See www.SCADucks.org or this listing for updates


Baronial Champions Lady Juliana le Chaluner and Lady Galle Amsel will be stepping down from their posts after a long hard winter, calling for new Arts & Sciences and Bardic Champions to be named on this day.  All are invited and encouraged to participate in these Annual Competitions that welcome Spring's Beauty back into the lands of our Barony.


https://eastkingdom.org/EventDetails.php?eid=2580

It was a great event... classes, martial stuff... it was fun.  I did well as an Autocrat, and gained the confidence needed to do it again, on my own.

Biggest lesson learned is that the Autocrat CANNOT sit troll.  I knew there was a reason for me to sit in for Lorenz back at Yule, but I tried to sit troll anyway.  It worked only because I had a co-autocrat in Juliana, and had further assistance both at troll and in ther rest of running things from my lord husband and my Peer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and civil. Constructive Criticism only. Questions welcome, and will be answered. This is a moderated comment screen so your comment will not appear until approved.