Sunday, January 13, 2019

Laurel Hunt 2019 (I know, it's out of order!!!)

Caught and released my 1st Laurel... Dame Judith Fitzhenry the Uncertain !!

(Edited to correct her name, about which I was Uncertain)

Good Conversation, got to know her "thing."
She liked what I'm doing on my "for fun-sies" scroll blank.

She also validated "Art as Service"

I am NOT an Artist.
At best I am a competent colorist, who can do some pretty calligraphy.
(And I am working to be better than "competent" and "pretty".)
ALL of my "artwork" is traced from the source material...

While this does not invalidate the importance of the scroll, (especially to the recipient) it DOES separate me from my geographically nearest other scribes THL Onora and Master Vettorio...

I create these artworks as a service to my Barony or my Kingdom.
If a Practitioner like myself can take the entry level scrolls (AoA's and Silvers)
then ARTISTS can be free to do the Journeyman/Master level ones (GoA's and Peerage.)

Thank you, Dame Judith for that validation. A successful 1st "hunting" day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and civil. Constructive Criticism only. Questions welcome, and will be answered. This is a moderated comment screen so your comment will not appear until approved.