Thursday, July 12, 2018

My first time Autocratting -Before I got my Belt, June 2013

On June 8, 2013 there was an event held in the Barony of An Dubhaigeainn called The Test.  It was the first of a planned annually recurring friendly competition between the An Dub Ducks and the OstGardr Seahorses.  The name would later change to The Challenge
It was all Ateño's idea, and since he had just consented to take me on as his protege he decided to ask me to assist him in Autocratting - basically running the thing.

It was also sort of a test for me.
Could I handle working with him?
Could I handle an Autocrat role for an event of this type?
  It required
a) getting the various champions (Heavy List, Fencing, Art & Science, Bardic, Archery, Thrown Weapons, and Brewing) to co-ordinate a contest for a Tournament, and
b) running the event so that
c) the Coronets of both locales would be able to watch the competitions, and make judgments on them; and
d) also having things for the general attendees to do; and
e) stuff for the kids, too.

It ended up going very well.
I made the site tokens for the event.
They were wooden disks which I sanded down the front, back, and edges, and then stamped with either a Duck head and Seahorse tail, or a Seahorse head and a Duck tail.
I made about 120 of them, 60 of each, so that the token could reflect to which side the wearer was allied.
They also had some wording on it.  It was all done with ink stamps, the words one letter at a time... it was time consuming, but came out well.
People seemed to like them.

I learned enough to be comfortable with working with/for Ateño, and he must have liked what he saw of me.
We had our little ceremony not too long after, and formalize our relationship.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and civil. Constructive Criticism only. Questions welcome, and will be answered. This is a moderated comment screen so your comment will not appear until approved.